Programs & Operations Manager
Organization: Association of Arts Administration Educators (AAAE)
Programs & Operations Manager
Mar 14, 2019
Part-time Position / 15-25 Hours Per Week (negotiable) / Works Remotely
The Association of Arts Administration Educators (AAAE) seeks an enthusiastic, self-directed and organized individual to serve as its part-time Programs & Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will be experienced in communications and general non-profit operations, and possess some knowledge of arts administration education and the professional field at large.
The ability to stay focused and productive in a self-directed environment is critical to this role, as this is a remote position with limited oversight and supervision. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative and follow through on multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining a high level of professionalism. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as attention to detail, are important. The ability to maintain a friendly and professional disposition with all members and stakeholders is also paramount, as this position is most often the front-line of interaction for the organization’s members.
The Programs & Operations Manager is responsible for leading AAAE’s member services and general operations. Responsibilities include responding to member requests, leading the communications activities of the organization, maintaining AAAE’s online infrastructure, and working with the Executive Director to plan and facilitate the annual conference. The Programs & Operations Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and regularly interacts with members at all levels of AAAE, including its Board of Directors. Some travel is required for this position, both domestic and international (approximately 1 trip per year in relation to the annual conference).
While the Programs & Operations Manager position is currently a part-time position, there is opportunity to help grow the capacity of the organization to support a full-time role in the future.
Responsibilities by Function
- Serve as the first-responder for membership queries and issues
- Onboard new members and assist with online profile development
- Provide members with assistance with AAAE website and member profiles
- Manage online job board
- Conduct outreach to prospective members
- Send renewal notices to expiring members and promote membership renewal
- Field calls from members regarding AAAE resources including Program Standards, Publication Annex and Content Repository
- Build and distribute monthly member e-newsletter using MailChimp
- Implement social media strategy for engagement of target audiences through multiple channels
- Build and publish news pages on AAAE website as needed
- Maintain cross marketing efforts as required to maintain partnering association relationships – ENCATC / Wallace Foundation / etc.
- Develop marketing pieces using Canva and Adobe Suite as needed
- Participate and aid in Twitter Chats.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and carry out all communications initiatives - with the intent to drive student enrollment in AAAE member programs, and to build public recognition of the value of an arts administration education
- Schedule hotel blocks for conference guests
- Process conference registrations and keep accurate and up-to-date attendance lists for all conference events and receptions.
- Manage registration for the conference on-site, including overseeing student volunteers and staffing the registration center.
- Staff conference events and receptions, and take attendance/payment at those events as necessary.
- Assist the Executive Director in preparing and distributing advance conference materials via email and the website.
- Track the payment of invoices for ads purchased for the conference, and conduct outreach to prospective sponsors
- Meet weekly with the Executive Director at a mutually agreed-upon day and time and attend other meetings (virtually) as needed
- Maintain the member database
- Maintain member communications regarding billing, invoices, and other administrative aspects of membership
- Maintain and improve all online infrastructure for the organization
- Take accurate meeting minutes at Board meetings
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in arts or humanities fields
- Passion for the value of the arts in society
- Experience with non-profit organizational management is a plus
- Skills in Microsoft Office required. Preferred experience with WordPress, MailChimp and Google Analytics
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally
- Must be willing to use a personal computer or laptop for work, and have access to the internet
Salary & Hours
- This is a part-time, non-exempt position at 15-25 hours per week (negotiable)
- Hours are flexible for the most part, but the ability to overlap with the Executive Director between the hours of 9am – 5pm eastern time (Mon-Fri) on some days is critical
- The pay range is $12 to $18 per hour (negotiable)
Location: Works remotely.
Position start date: April 2019
Send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. Search will remain open until qualified candidate is identified, with candidate review beginning April 1, 2019. AAAE is committed to the values of equal opportunity for all and believes diversity, equity and inclusion are hallmarks of excellence.
About AAAE – The Association of Arts Administration Educators (AAAE) consists of more than 150 member programs, all training and equipping students in arts leadership, management, entrepreneurship, cultural policy, and more. Our network of faculty and their alumni are the cornerstones of local arts communities across the globe. AAAE serves as a convener, a resource, and an advocate for formal arts administration education.