Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator
Organization: Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
Marketing and Sponsorship Coordinator
Oct 22, 2018
Bindlestiff Family Cirkus seeks an Advertising and Sponsorship Coordinator
Job Title: Coordinator, Sponsorships and Promotions, Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
Bindlestiff Family Variety Arts, Inc. uniquely combines America’s outstanding folk traditions of circus, sideshow, vaudeville, storytelling, and burlesque. Our three primary areas of focus are presenting and performing world-class circus arts productions; cultivation and support of emerging artists in our medium; and engaging communities in which we live and work through Social Circus initiatives, which use circus arts to foster individual and community development.
Bindlestiff hosted its first Bindlestiff Family Cirkus Winter Cabaret in 1995 in Brooklyn, New York. Since then we have presented over 450 of the world’s top artists in the circus and variety fields. The annual Winter Cabaret has appeared in ten different Off Off and Off Broadway theaters in NYC, and the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus has toured 35 American states and performed in a dozen international festivals and events.
Part-time, average 5 hours per week, with additional hours in lead-ups to seasonal events
Salary: starting at $20 per hour
Contact: Laura Siegel firstname.lastname@example.org
Description: Coordinator will be responsible for soliciting businesses for promotional partnerships, sponsorships and program ad placements. Upcoming / ongoing opportunities include quarterly print programs distributed at shows, and sponsorships for special events. This work will build upon our current sponsorship campaign, with numerous resources available to the new Coordinator.
Responsibilities require strengths in sales, marketing, and design:
* Conducting an outreach campaign to businesses, from local (NYC and Hudson Valley) shops to international chains
* Securing sponsorship agreements
* Selling ad placements for Bindlestiff’s printed, full-color programs
* Cultivating potential sponsors with face-to-face, on the phone, and email reach
* Consistent communication with potential sponsors
* Management of advertiser and sponsor database within our Artful.ly platform
* coordination of sponsor and advertiser acknowledgement and clippings- hard copy and digital
* Seeking out vendors for 2019 NYC Unicycle Festival
* Identifying new potential targets and leads
* Connecting Bindlestiff to the communities in which it is presenting and producing work
* Using internet research to uncover corporate points of contact
* Arranging for graphic design and production of printed materials i.e. programs, sponsor banners, ads, etc.
* Editing and upgrading yearly sponsorship packet
*Weekly email communication and bi-weekly phone meetings with Bindlestiff admin staff, office and social media managers.
The Coordinator will be trained by Bindlestiff’s Advertising and Promotions Manager, and will then be expected to operate in an independent, self-motivated fashion.
* Motivation, creativity, and flexibility
* Communication and Interpersonal skills
* Graphic design / layout / desktop publishing fluency
* Some daytime flexibility to reach out to potential sponsors during work hours
* Google Drive familiarity
3+ years’ experience in relevant field with demonstrated success in sales, marketing or public relations; experience in the nonprofit sector a plus
· Strong writing skills with ability to demonstrate persuasive writing and articulate clear and concise thoughts.
· Sharp analytical skills to figure out the inputs that lead to desired outputs, figure out what’s missing, what’s superfluous, and how to do it better with a strong focus on systems and process.
· Strong contributor in team environments to help strengthen internal communications, collaborations, and organizational culture.
· Understanding of local marketing and cultural trend cycle.
· Proven track record of relationship development with ability to balance mutually beneficial relationships and work collaboratively toward outcomes.
· Exceptional project management skills and ability to balance multiple, complex projects in a highly deadline-driven environment.
· Displays resiliency and realistic optimism when articulating challenges in their work and ability to use a solutions-based, collaborative approach to drive change.
· Quick learner who demonstrates an eagerness to continually strengthen their understanding of Bindlestiff’s three primary fields of focus. Continually seeks constructive feedback and leverages input to move work forward.
· Flexible and adaptive to effectively manage changing priorities and new opportunities.
· Deep commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and aligned in thought and action with Bindlestiff’s values