Business & Entrepreneurship
618 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60605
Program Goals and Objectives
To succeed, all great artists, performers and athletes need business partners, managers, agents, strategic leaders, marketers, and entrepreneurs.
Business and Entrepreneurship programs develop professionals in Music Business Management, Live and Performing Arts Management, Media Management, Film Business Management, Sports Management, Visual Arts Management, Arts Management, Design Management, International Arts Management, Marketing, and Advanced Management.
Our students learn by doing. They work, for college credit, in student-managed and student- staffed ventures. These include two record labels, a talent agency, an online distribution company, a publishing firm, a gallery, a nightclub, and a marketing agency.
Working faculty, a global alumni network, and internship and study abroad opportunities will prepare you for entertainment industry work or graduate study in business or law.
Successful Arts Management graduates should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of managing creative organizations and professionals.
- Apply critical thinking, problem solving, and communication skills to the entrepreneurial management of the creative sectors.
- Analyze trends, opportunities, and challenges to compete successfully in a rapidly changing global environment.
- Lead the next generation of creative ventures.
- Launch self-sustaining creative careers.