AAAE connects its members to a world of colleagues, insights, research, and professional development opportunities. Members have exclusive access to our online community and also have the opportunity to attend our annual conference at the best rates.
Notes on 2016-17 Renewals
All current members will receive renewal notices the first week of October. At that time, you will be able to confirm named faculty members on your membership and/or add affiliate faculty. Please note that the new membership structure, approved by a vote of the membership in October 2015, includes a dues increase schedule that will be phased in over the next two years. Dues will increase for 2016-17 in accordance with the approved schedule. We trust that AAAE members will see increasing value in their membership through new and improved member services.
Please note: AAAE has three organizational membership categories: institutional, developmental, and collaborator, and two individual membership levels: individual and student.
If you represent an academic program that qualifies for institutional membership, please pursue an institutional membership with AAAE. If you do not currently represent an academic arts administration program, please apply as a developmental, collaborator, individual or student member as appropriate.
Member benefits include:
- Program profiles at artsadministration.org, which receives more than 10,000 unique views per month. Members report it as an effective recruitment and outreach tool.
- Ability to post jobs at artsadministration.org at no cost. The job boards receive more than 5,000 unique views per month.
- Reciprocal member rates for the ENCATC conference, and benefits from other partner organizations.
- Access to members-only resources including the theses and publications databases. A new member online resources repository is also in development.
- The best rates for the AAAE annual conference.
- Receiving the members-only e-newsletter and having access to the members-only listserv.
- One vote on all membership matters per named faculty on an institutional membership.
Institutional memberships are open to graduate and undergraduate academic programs in arts and cultural administration, arts policy, and research that meet AAAE requirements. Developmental memberships are offered academic institutions that do not yet meet full membership requirements. Collaborator, Individual and Student memberships are available for those unaffiliated with degree-granting programs, and still interested in education, research, policy, and practice in arts and cultural management.
- a designated director with curricular oversight authority
- confer a graduate or undergraduate degree in arts administration or a related discipline, or confer a comparable academic credential determined acceptable by the board
- a published arts administration curriculum approved by the program’s host department or college
- currently enrolled students at time of application
Institutional membership is subject to application and approval by the AAAE board.Institutional Membership Application
Developmental Membership ($300/year) Open to institutions of higher education that are interested in developing and/or offering degrees in arts administration but do not yet meet the eligibility requirements for institutional membership.Developmental Membership Form
Collaborator Membership ($275/year) is open to any organization that wishes to participate in AAAE’s programs and conference. Collaborator memberships are non-voting and are open to academic entities that do not and will not award arts administration degrees, professional organizations, and more.
Individual Membership ($80/year) is open to any interested individual not currently affiliated with an AAAE organizational membership. These might be faculty members in academic programs, or scholars or researchers in unaffiliated departments or programs. Individuals wishing to serve as representatives of their program should join as associate or full members, as appropriate.
Student Membership ($30/year) is open to individuals who are registered in college or university arts administration degree programs or in other degree programs who wish to contribute to and learn from the members of AAAE.
Please note: The membership dues period is October 1-September 30. Application (for Institutional membership) is a one-time process, members need not re-apply year to year unless their programs have undergone significant structural change.